These will outlast any link-building, SEO, or other short-term techniques.
Timeless Search Marketing and Social Media Tips
* Be up-front about who you are and what you do.
* Use the words that searchers are using.
* Be honest. No one likes being mislead.
* Be yourself. People do business with people, not institutions.
* Provide useful information in a concise manner.
* Consider how you like to be treated and pay it forward.
* If you're not sure, ask for advice.
* Be considerate of people's time: Don't make them wade through too much text.
Feel free to disagree; your comments and insights are most welcome!
More posted at http://Blog.DesignatedEditor.com