printjunkie.net

I want to start a good discussion for "best practices" and helpful solutions for using Social in Printing. I feel the number one thing you can do to help ensure success is have a detailed plan of what you are going to do that directly relates to your goals. What do you think?

Tags: facebook, google, media, printing, social

Views: 132

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I would agree that you definitely have to have a plan and goals set up for social media. One thing I have noticed and would say is the best practice to do is consistency. You cant have a lot of posts then be AWOL. consistency is key.

Yeah, We are setting out a Editorial Calendar to not let that happen. Did you set out an editorial calendar? We are doing 3 months at a time, but also going to use this as a case study to see what comments or posts work best. Have you seen that any particular post work better?

We did not set up a calendar. I think that would make things easier, though since I am the only one that does it and its basically my full time job on top of my other responsibilities its a little easier. Though once it become a position for more than just me a calendar will definitely get set up. All i have to say when it comes to posts is be engaging. If your doing this for your brand, make sure that you don't have multiple personalities. You wanna again be consistent. Post stuff that is about what people you sell to will find helpful, or want to read. Don't sell, sell, sell, sell, that won't get you any where. The rule of thumb from what I have read and seen is 80/20. It is social media for a reason.

Sure that is a great number 80/20, I also want to try and run contests as I know gamification could really be a great way to get interactions. We are trying to come up with different prizes, but I am just really excited to kick it off!  

Gamification is a great idea. we have looked into it, though haven't started it. Trying to find more ways to utilize it more. Let me know how that works. I will be looking for you guys once you launch. We utilize hootsuite here. it is a great way to organize your social media. But there are a ton of apps that are out there. It really depends on if you want to pay for something or not. If you do there are plenty of great places that encompass all the social media, and allow you to track it as well. Since we are using mostly the free versions there are a couple that we utilize. Check us out in the mean time. We have a Linkedin profile,and page, a Facebook page, A twitter account and our website is www.zumoprint.com.

Awesome Looking forward to sharing Ideas!

I can definitely agree that you need a plan; however, I think the most important thing to remember is it isn't going to happen over-night. It takes time...and it's important not to just chase likes and followers. You must make sure they are quality fans and followers. Frequency of posts and what you post about are things to consider, but make sure you interact! I think too many people get caught up in pushing content, when the whole point behind social media is the conversation you are able to create that leads to other things OFFLINE.

Feel free to follow me or my company's FB page - I'm @tini_bop, company @MetroPrinting and on FB http://Facebook.com/metropolitanprinting

I also think that we (Sabrina and I) are looking to do more offline interaction because of social interactions. Like giving a phone call if we see they liked a few things or sending out small promo packs, ect. I want to surprise people by following up offline rather than always just online. Have you put together any promo packs or give aways for interaction or engagement?

Planning wisely is of utmost importance because it is only through planning that you can proceed efficiently with your business. Another best prctice that you will have to include in utilizing social media is to do promotion and advertisement in a way similar to how you use your personal social media account like interacting constantly, responding to queries, building relationships, etc.

What do you think the hardest part of it all was for you?

The hardest part is coming up with engagement strategies daily. Especially when you are doing so much on so many other levels. But I really look forward to the challenge. It is fun connecting with people. I really enjoy this site in particular. Thank you to this great group for their sharing.

I agree. Having goals helps a lot when you start. But good strategy is very important. You need to answer a few questions before you begin so you have the right strategy to use as you socially share. Chasing likes and followers is really not as important as the quality of the people following and the social sharing that goes on. Gamification is also an exciting way to engage your customers. There are many ways to use it effectively but I believe the power is mostly in the groups. Like this great group here. LinkedIn also has very effective groups to engage with. And lastly, the best thing you can do is be consistent on all levels.

RSS

Latest Activity

Jim Swett replied to A. Brian Hess's discussion Print Broker Software - QuickBooks, Estimating, Tracking, Invoicing
"Brian I had a custom program designed by a programmer using Microsoft access, it emails pdf, Request For Quotes, Customer Proposals, and then Converts quotes to Purchase Orders and Order Acknowledgements. If you want to discuss the ins and outs of…"
yesterday
Jim Swett replied to Jason Bryant's discussion Print broker software
"Jason I had a programmer develop a custom piece of software that designed specifically to meet my needs. It was surprisingly affordable compared to the other programs out there that require monthly fees. If you want to give me a call I would be…"
yesterday
Profile IconBrian Glunt, Chris Cavaretti and Mike Riddle joined printjunkie.net
Nov 13
Profile IconWilliams jones and Caleb Jones joined printjunkie.net
Nov 7
Eileen Rogers joined Brian Hong's group
Thumbnail

Print Estimates and More!

This Group is for Print Buyers and Suppliers to connect with one another on a Global Basis. Post your project bid specifications and receive qualified bids from only pre-screened top quality members.
Nov 6
Eileen Rogers updated their profile
Nov 6
Eileen Rogers is now a member of printjunkie.net
Nov 6
Kerry Monahan Gaughan is now a member of printjunkie.net
Oct 23
Scott Lawton and Rebecca Mulkey are now friends
Oct 23
Joe Lyman is now a member of printjunkie.net
Oct 13
Profile IconChad Eisenhart and Scott Lawton joined printjunkie.net
Oct 9
Rick Maggart posted a status
"...not sure."
Oct 3

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by PSDA.

About Us  |  FAQs  |  Advertising  |  Contact Us  |  General Terms & Conditions  |  Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service