printjunkie.net

I am needing help with producing an OCR font on a label. The information is variable.  I have ran several test but can't get the characters to read off the scanner.  The error codes are not helping.  This is my first experience with OCR font and I would really appreciate some guidance.  Below are a list of questions

1. Is there a prefered print method for OCR font? 

2. Is there a way of grading or testing the product?  I work with barcodes a lot and we are able to identify the flawed attributes of the barcode.

3. My labels are printed with on a paper stock with a dull laminate. Could that materials be negatively effecting the scan?

Thank you

Views: 47

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

What software are you using to scan the labels?

Sorry for the delay in response. I am trying to get this information for you. 

I really don't think it's the label stock. Because of the different packaging materials that are used at the grocery store, with barcodes that are scanned on a regular basis. I am of the opinion that it is either the font size issue, or software limitation with the scanning resolution.

If you can supply some printed samples to your customer for scanning, on regular paper, different font sizes, and possibly one or two variations on the font family. I think this will vary the results and can give you some more options to try before committing the job.

Tracy,

Give Charlie Roberts at PSDA Sourcing a call! As a member he can help you with your needs.

RSS

Latest Activity

Jose Mota is now a member of printjunkie.net
Aug 17
John Martin is now a member of printjunkie.net
Aug 8
Jon Muha replied to Shawn Keeler's discussion Glow in the dark inks? Large format black light printing?
"We are Seeking Large Format Printing for Glow in the Dark Banners, Roller Shades, and other type Window Coverings - Using Logo or other Graphic - also a Glow in the Dark Permanent Vinyl Adhesives or glow-in-the-dark and UV clear…"
May 19
Jon Muha replied to Shawn Keeler's discussion Glow in the dark inks? Large format black light printing?
"We are Seeking Large Format Printing for Glow in the Dark Banners, Roller Shades, and other type Window Coverings - Using Logo or other Graphic - also a Glow in the Dark Permanent Vinyl Adhesives or glow-in-the-dark and UV clear…"
May 19
May 19
"Dear Ginny, We are Seeking Large Format Printing for Glow in the Dark Banners, Roller Shades, and other type Window Coverings - Using Logo or other Graphic - also a Glow in the Dark Permanent Vinyl Adhesives or glow-in-the-dark…"
May 19
Jon Muha is now a member of printjunkie.net
May 19
Aruna Raghuraman updated their profile
May 5
Apollo Wang posted a discussion

Any chance to have great partners in this forums Junkies?

Hi guys, we are all in the printing industry and I am just thinking maybe we can share our advantages and making some business? My factory located in Shanghai China but we are not Price Killer, we focus on quality productions with reasonable price and services. Now, I am looking for good partners to develop the Diary, NoteBook and Hard Cover Book Printing Business, that is one of our advantages, anyone interested to know more? Contact me on Skype: xiao0802 / WhatsApp: 8613512127905 /Or email:…See More
May 3
Apollo Wang posted a group
May 2
Casey Pressman posted blog posts
May 2
Joseph Schmidt joined PSDA's group
Thumbnail

Region 7 Networking Group

This group is for anyone in the North Central US to network on a regional level, including: IA, IL, MN, MO, ND, NE, SD, WI, KS, Northern IN (ZIP codes 463-469).
Apr 29

Badge

Loading…

© 2016   Created by PSDA.   Powered by

About Us  |  FAQs  |  Advertising  |  Contact Us  |  General Terms & Conditions  |  Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service