I am needing help with producing an OCR font on a label. The information is variable.  I have ran several test but can't get the characters to read off the scanner.  The error codes are not helping.  This is my first experience with OCR font and I would really appreciate some guidance.  Below are a list of questions

1. Is there a prefered print method for OCR font? 

2. Is there a way of grading or testing the product?  I work with barcodes a lot and we are able to identify the flawed attributes of the barcode.

3. My labels are printed with on a paper stock with a dull laminate. Could that materials be negatively effecting the scan?

Thank you

Tags: Font, OCR

Views: 41

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

What software are you using to scan the labels?

Sorry for the delay in response. I am trying to get this information for you. 

I really don't think it's the label stock. Because of the different packaging materials that are used at the grocery store, with barcodes that are scanned on a regular basis. I am of the opinion that it is either the font size issue, or software limitation with the scanning resolution.

If you can supply some printed samples to your customer for scanning, on regular paper, different font sizes, and possibly one or two variations on the font family. I think this will vary the results and can give you some more options to try before committing the job.

Give Charlie Roberts at PSDA Sourcing a call! As a member he can help you with your needs.

Latest Activity

Paul Boncek is now a member of
22 hours ago
Perf data is now a member of
Brian SanFillipo updated their profile
Sep 23
Eddie Brawner is now a member of
Sep 23
Trent Ferrington posted a discussion

Direct to Garment Tee shirt printing

Ferrland Press is a graphic design company and we have recently added a Direct to Garment printer. We offer full color, no minimum, fast, affordable tee shirt printing. Shirts must be mostly cotton, any color. Visit or for more information.See More
Sep 18
Royce Strahan posted discussions
Sep 10
Charlton Chap posted a discussion

Printing on Bakery Boxes and Packaging

Get custom printing on your bakery boxes from in food boxes you will find bakery boxes find the new range of exquisite designs in custom bakery packaging along with new discounted price range as well as up to 45% off on finalizing the order. Also you can get the free designing service, at really awesome quality printing of your boxes.…See More
Sep 10
Yellow Printing replied to Renee M. Berger's discussion Near field communications + Radio-frequency identification can you help?
"I'm working on offset printing service, we print different kinds of paper products, books, catalogs, paper bags, paper boxes, notebooks, nice to meet you guys here. Printing Supplier"
Sep 5
Profile IconYellow Printing and Charlton Chap joined
Aug 31
Profile IconThesigner, david , FRANK KWABENA and 1 more joined
Aug 24
Ed Kools updated their profile
Aug 5
Wally Barr replied to Renee M. Berger's discussion Near field communications + Radio-frequency identification can you help?
"Yes I am in Chicago. My number is 630-408 8348. Dont know my linked in address off hand but it is wally barr. I can also be reached RFID is used more for tracking and anti theft near field is used for experience and coupon…"
Jul 7

© 2015   Created by PSDA.

About Us  |  FAQs  |  Advertising  |  Contact Us  |  General Terms & Conditions  |  Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service