printjunkie.net

I am needing help with producing an OCR font on a label. The information is variable.  I have ran several test but can't get the characters to read off the scanner.  The error codes are not helping.  This is my first experience with OCR font and I would really appreciate some guidance.  Below are a list of questions

1. Is there a prefered print method for OCR font? 

2. Is there a way of grading or testing the product?  I work with barcodes a lot and we are able to identify the flawed attributes of the barcode.

3. My labels are printed with on a paper stock with a dull laminate. Could that materials be negatively effecting the scan?

Thank you

Tags: Font, OCR

Views: 40

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

What software are you using to scan the labels?

Sorry for the delay in response. I am trying to get this information for you. 

I really don't think it's the label stock. Because of the different packaging materials that are used at the grocery store, with barcodes that are scanned on a regular basis. I am of the opinion that it is either the font size issue, or software limitation with the scanning resolution.

If you can supply some printed samples to your customer for scanning, on regular paper, different font sizes, and possibly one or two variations on the font family. I think this will vary the results and can give you some more options to try before committing the job.

Tracy,

Give Charlie Roberts at PSDA Sourcing a call! As a member he can help you with your needs.

RSS

Latest Activity

Jim Swett replied to A. Brian Hess's discussion Print Broker Software - QuickBooks, Estimating, Tracking, Invoicing
"Brian I had a custom program designed by a programmer using Microsoft access, it emails pdf, Request For Quotes, Customer Proposals, and then Converts quotes to Purchase Orders and Order Acknowledgements. If you want to discuss the ins and outs of…"
Thursday
Jim Swett replied to Jason Bryant's discussion Print broker software
"Jason I had a programmer develop a custom piece of software that designed specifically to meet my needs. It was surprisingly affordable compared to the other programs out there that require monthly fees. If you want to give me a call I would be…"
Thursday
Profile IconBrian Glunt, Chris Cavaretti and Mike Riddle joined printjunkie.net
Nov 13
Profile IconWilliams jones and Caleb Jones joined printjunkie.net
Nov 7
Eileen Rogers joined Brian Hong's group
Thumbnail

Print Estimates and More!

This Group is for Print Buyers and Suppliers to connect with one another on a Global Basis. Post your project bid specifications and receive qualified bids from only pre-screened top quality members.
Nov 6
Eileen Rogers updated their profile
Nov 6
Eileen Rogers is now a member of printjunkie.net
Nov 6
Kerry Monahan Gaughan is now a member of printjunkie.net
Oct 23
Scott Lawton and Rebecca Mulkey are now friends
Oct 23
Joe Lyman is now a member of printjunkie.net
Oct 13
Profile IconChad Eisenhart and Scott Lawton joined printjunkie.net
Oct 9
Rick Maggart posted a status
"...not sure."
Oct 3

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by PSDA.

About Us  |  FAQs  |  Advertising  |  Contact Us  |  General Terms & Conditions  |  Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service