printjunkie.net

Can't reach the knife!! A tale of trade printer deception...

I've been in business for about 23 years and have seen printers do many bad things to their brokers, so this doesn't really surprise me.

I just wanted to make others aware of the situation.

I just had another broker ask me about a company called Print Harmony out of Florida. I hadn't heard of them so I went to their website and proceeded to sign up. You have to sign up before being able to view pricing.

After signing up I received an email telling me that someone tried calling me and since they didn't have my extension they couldn't get through to verify I was in the "trade", so the denied my account.

Well I called them back and they approved my account.

I then received a notification from my phone system letting me know that someone didn't get through. So I googled the phone number and found a direct to the consumer printing company.

When I went on their website and checked prices I found that the prices were cheaper direct to the consumer than on their trade site.

When I called them to cancel my account and ask why they do that, they avoided it all together and said they would just cancel my account.

She said that the second website was a "dealer of theirs" and she didn't know how "they" were selling cheaper than I could buy. Then I said the number they called me from (listed below) to verify I was a trade person, is listed to "their dealers" website.

Let me tell you, she wanted me off the phone.

I wanted to let everyone know. Sorry there isn't much detail here, but I didn't have much time in my busy day to go into more detail.

Check for yourself:

www.printharmony.com

www.pressexprint.com

Their number is 727-299-8500

Cheers!

Views: 170

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Thanks for sharing, Im a curious tho, as to how they can have prices so low. That just blows my mind. 

Thanks for this, Karl. 4Over has played dangerously close to this fine line as well with their project red tag released in 2010. Personally, I never use them because of this. You just have to be careful about who you do business with.

very true Justin, A lot of those big companies like that don't even have reps that you can talk to on the phone. It also makes it hard to form a relation ship with them. I think its bad customer service. Where I work we are all about creating a relationship with our customer. Not only does it show loyalty to them, but creates trust as well.

RSS

Latest Activity

Mark Thompson posted a blog post

SEO-For-Print.com Launched

We launched www.seo-for-print.com last week and the site is doing well, getting good traffic and inquiries from print distributors, graphic designers  and manufacturers. Our years in the print industry coupled with our years of success with SEO and SEM has really struck a chord. Really pleased with the initial response.We  will probably leave the Free Home Page SEO…See More
2 hours ago
Mark Thompson updated their profile
2 hours ago
Lisa and Mark Thompson are now friends
2 hours ago
PSDA left a comment for Lisa
"Lisa, Welcome to PrintJunkie! "
Apr 11
Lisa is now a member of printjunkie.net
Apr 11
Lisa Blevins posted a blog post

Introducing Our New Website and Products

Introducing Our New Website and ProductsIntroducing Our New ProductsIt’s with great excitement that we unveil our new website to you. Aside from an updated look, the new website features a powerful new way to sift through our portfolio of products, making it easier for you to better understand our wide range of services and capabilities. We have made WePrintQuick.Com your one stop shop for marketing your business.Promotional ProductsWe now offer…See More
Apr 10
Profile IconJohn Barr and Mark Thompson joined printjunkie.net
Apr 9
Power Graphics updated their profile
Apr 8
Wes Whitelock updated their profile
Apr 2
James Skimin is now a member of printjunkie.net
Apr 1
Nicole Krueger posted a discussion

Ready to bust some myths? Check out this Ecographic from Two Sides...

Check out Western States Envelope & Label's latest blog on busting some myths and misconceptions about the use of paper products in the United States.http://www.wsel.com/blog/bust-build-boostSee More
Mar 26
Jeffrey L. Keller updated their profile
Mar 26

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by PSDA.

About Us  |  FAQs  |  Advertising  |  Contact Us  |  General Terms & Conditions  |  Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service